SMi Event Communities
SMi Group is a Global events business specialising in Business to Business Conferences, Workshops and Masterclasses....
To further enhance the SMi experience; in late 2012 we will be launching our very own SMi Event Communities site. This will be an exclusive, private and secure social networking platform in which our delegates and speakers will be able to interact, converse, meet, engage and network.
At SMi we successfully organise 350 event days every year, across six industry sectors including Defence, Security, Energy and Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical. We believe in bringing together the most knowledgeable experts from across the globe...
The SMi Event Communities will build and expand your experience beyond the Conference, Workshop or Masterclass you attend. Not just any other “social network”, SMi’s Event Communities have been specifically designed around the needs of our delegates, speakers and sponsors, allowing all of our clients to foster longer term relationships with all of the other attendees beyond the two, three or four day event.
Membership of these communities will be included as part of the delegate or sponsor package.
Communities will be opened between three/four weeks before each Conference takes place and will remain open until the next annual Conference takes place.
What functionality will SMi Communities have?
This is the really exciting bit, we have designed the functionality around you the conference attendee. All users will have a profile either drawn from a LinkedIn page or set up by you, so you can showcase your knowledge and expertise to the wider community.
You will also be able to meet up with fellow delegates who have similar interests or profiles. In addition, our special meeting functionality allows you arrange appointments in our conference meetings rooms at the event venue and you can set-up meetings in the Communities Diary using half hour time slots, thereby ensuring your schedule is seamlessly planned prior to your arrival...
Networking couldn’t be easier....
- The new site will allow you to send and receive meeting requests.
- You will be able to promote the profile of your company or organisation.
- You will be able to showcase case studies, embed video, share slides and presentations
- SMi’s corporate profile pages will allow you to post information on your companies’ new products and services.
- There will be directories of sponsors, companies, partners and attendees to provide a quick and easy reference for identifying key contacts at the event.
- You will be able to Direct Message and chat with fellow attendees before,during and after the event takes place.
- Within each community there will be sub groups for specific interests (buyers or sellers) or attendee type (speakers/delegates)
- We have also created forums so that you can discuss hot topics featured in the conference.
- You will be able to share ideas, ask questions and get answers from your peers.
- Functions also include friend recommendations, so that you can meet new people at the conference based on interest areas.
- Virtual Badges will allow you to easily identify speakers, delegates, chairman, as well as frequent attendees
- Post conference you can network with your peers....this ensures that the conference experience is expanded from a few days to a year.
SMi have also included a ‘Polls and Surveys’ function, so we can fully engage with the communities’ “needs and wants”...enabling SMi is to provide the right product at the right time. Ensuring you have a bespoke and highly responsive conference experience! To take advantage of this unique experience all you need to do is become a Speaker, Sponsor, Media Partner or a delegate..... We look forward to telling you more about the SMi Communities’ functions nearer the time!